If you are planning to create a highly attractive website for your eCommerce business, then it is wise to use custom eCommerce solution for the purpose.
While stock website design has its advantages in terms of easy to create and less expensive, the number of advantages that custom eCommerce solution provides make it worthwhile for your business.
Here we are listing some of the benefits that custom eCommerce development solutions will provide to your business.
1. It gives your customers the flexibility to custom design the product they want to buy.
You will find that several car companies use the customizable and highly interactive website. In these websites the customers can not only take a 360-degree view of the product, but also mix and match different body colours and also interior furnishings to choose the final product that conforms to their taste.
Such feature cannot be done through a template-based website but needs highly sophisticated custom eCommerce website design solution.
2. If you sell a large number of items through your eCommerce site, then it is likely that different customers may want different kind of shipping options for their products.
You can hardly use the same shipping solution for a floor mat and a bouquet of flowers. Some product needs strict temperature control and careful handling while others can sustain rough handling without getting damaged.
Similarly, there may be some items on your inventory that requires special regulation to be shipped from one state to another like alcohol and fuels. A custom based eCommerce shipping solution will be the perfect answer to overcome such challenges.
This will allow you to use different shipping options to send your products to your customers safely and securely.
3. If you source your products through different vendors then some of them will insist on a particular type of shipment.
Like companies selling medicines, jewelry or any expensive items will ask for an agency that is highly reputable and specializes in delivering products that are both expensive and fragile.
Therefore, to have customize options for such sellers, you should have different shipment options embedded in your website, which is possible if you are using a custom designed website.
4. Custom websites are not for big business alone, but they also provide Ecommerce solutions for small business.
If you want to compete with your rivals in the business by providing discounts and promo codes through which your client can claim price reduction in the product, then you have to use the custom website for your business.
This provides you with the flexibility to include different elements into your website which is otherwise not present in the template based website.
5. If your business has some back-end software that allows you to keep track of the sales, inventories and other elements of your business, then in most cases, an ordinary eCommerce website will be able to integrate it.
However, if for some technical reasons, the ready to use website design that many programs like WordPress offer is not able to integrate it, then you would need the services of a custom eCommerce solution provider.
6. In business, you have to deal with different kind of people.
Some of them are always take their time and browse through your product range, make comparison, look for discounted items and other stuffs before making their purchase.
However, there are some who are pressed for time and want to make the entire buying process as short as possible. If you take the help of an experienced and highly skilled custom website UI/UX designer, then he can build a website for you that will satisfy a diverse group of customers.
7. Sometimes the customer might be looking for some special feature in your website like keeping track of his purchase history.
In most eCommerce websites, you will not find such highly personalized services. That is why it will help your business a great deal if you offer these services by adopting a custom design rather than the normal ready to use template that many eCommerce websites do.
8. You will find that most eCommerce websites that you can build from ready to use template design does not support processing of many types of credit cards.
If you have a business and find that some company is offering you lower processing charge for credit card payment, then you have to use the custom design option to make it happen.
9. When you build custom websites then you are depending on the skill, experience and knowledge of the website developer.
Whereas, in the template based website design, everything is pre-designed for you and you have to only put your data and make some design changes. In any eCommerce website, one of the most popular elements that you have to keep in mind is the security aspect.
In a custom built eCommerce website, you can integrate as many layers of security you think is necessary to keep the site safe.
10. If you want to become popular amongst your customers, then you have to provide them something which they may not get from your competing websites.
To include these fancy customization, you will need a custom website developer because in eCommerce websites that you can build with programs like the WordPress, you do not get scope to introduce customized services to your clients.
11. In custom based websites, since you are building these websites from the ground up, these allow you enough flexibility to introduce effective SEO elements in the design itself.
This will be advantageous for you to get higher ranking.
12. In a custom designed website, you can take the help of the experts who are designing the website to ensure that the data of your clients remain safe and secure.
This type of consultation process is not present when you are designing a website on your own through plug and use programs like the WordPress.
While custom designed websites have some issues like they are expensive to design and also take time and special knowledge. However, on the whole, they provide so many advantages that it would be a folly on your part of not using them to boost your business prospects.